Happy Days believe spending time with people, listening, building trusting relationships and providing opportunity to enhance skills, helps our residents to gain confidence to improve their lives. We do this through one to one support work and volunteer mentors. Volunteer mentors are assessed and trained to come alongside our residents helping them to reach small to medium life goals.
Role of the volunteer mentor
- To serve as a positive role model and friend
- To build a trusting relationship
- To raise self esteem and motivation
- To help set goals and work towards
What makes a good mentor?
- Good listener
- Willingness to persevere (change doesn't happen overnight!)
If you have experience working with adults at risk, homelessness or those with chaotic backgrounds this would be an advantage but is not essential.
If you would like further information on how to become a mentor with Happydays, email firstname.lastname@example.org